Professor , Dean of ECE
Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Joined: 24 June, 1999
Field of Research & Consultancy
|Awards & Recognitions||2016- My Ex M.Sc thesis student Mr. M. Imran Hasan got UGC Award for a paper with me.
2015- Two Papers (Coauthor with thesis students) got Best Paper Award from IEEE Co Sponsored International Conference ICEEE 2015.
2013- Senior Member of the IEEE, IEEE COMSOC, IEEE PS, USA
2013- TWAS Young Affiliate for 2013 - 2017 from Asia-Pacific.
2012- TWAS Young Scientist Award, TWAS, Trieste, Italy.
2011- Best Paper Award, FWOCNT Int'l conference, Herbin, China.
2010- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Bangladesh.
2010- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Award, Japan.
2010- President's Honorary Award, University of the Ryukyus, Japan
2009- IEEE GSF Award, IEEE, USA
2009- Marubun Research Promotion Award, Marubun Foundation, Japan
2008- Excellent Student Award, IEEE Fukuoka Section, Japan
2008- Zukeran Award, University of the Ryukyus, Japan
2007- President's Honorary Award, University of the Ryukyus, Japan
2000- Gold Medal Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1998- The EEE Association Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1997- The EEE Association Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1996- Zoynal Memmorial Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1996- The EEE Association Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1995- The EEE Association Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
• IEEE Journals- 06
• OSA Journals- 05
• IET Journals- 01
• SPIE Journals- 05
• Springer-Verlag- 12
• Elsevier Journals- 20
• Taylor & Francis Journals- 02
• IEICE Journals- 04
• Applied Physics Society of Japan’s Journal- 04
• IEEJ Journals- 03
• Other Journals > 20
• Conference Papers-
|PG Thesis Supervision||PhD Thesis Supervised:
• 2015- Boshir Ahmed (1104201003) – Image Reconstruction on the Basis of Classified Data Information for the Sequential Transmission of Satellite Images.
• 2016 – Md. Shahidul Islam (1104201001) – Nanostructure Zinc-Oxide Photo-anode for Photo-electrochemical Water Splitting Application. (Co-supervisor)
• 2017 – Md. Russel Reza Mahmud (1004201002) – Design and Analysis of Dispersion and Confinement Losses of PCF.
M.Sc. Eng. Thesis Supervised:
• 2012 – Jannatul Ferdous (0904101011) – Two Way Mobile Authentication System.
• 2012 – Md. Selim Habib (0904101015) – Modeling and Characterization of Photonic Crystal Fibers for Dispersion Managed Application.
• 2012 – Md. Samiul Habib (0904101016) – Design of Large Mode Area Photonic Crystal Fibers for High Speed Optical Transmission Media.
• 2013 – Abdulla Al Suman (1004101003) – Linear Precoder Design and Simulation for MIMO System.
• 2013 – Md. Monjure Mawla (1004101005) – Peak to Average Power Ratio Reduction Analysis & simulation in LTE System.
• 2014 – Md. Imran Hasan (1104101030) – Highly Birefringent Photonic Crystal Fiber: Dispersion and Nonlinear Properties.
• 2014 – G. K. M. Hasanuzzaman (1104101024) – Design and Characterization of Porous-Core Photonic Crystal Fiber for Terahertz Wave Guiding.
• 2015 – Monir Morshed (1204101007) – Enhancement of the Sensitivity of Gas Sensor based on Microstructure Optical Fiber.
• 2017 – Sumaiya Kabir (1404101007) – Design and Analysis of Bending Insensitive Large Mode Area PCF.
• Advisor, IEEE RUET Student Branch, IEEE RUET WIE & IEEE ComSoc Bangladesh Chapter.
• Editor and/or Reviewer of peer reviewed journals (IEEE, IET, OSA, Elsevier, T&F) covering Optics and Photonics.
• Member of Statutory Committees e.g. Examination Committees, Committee of Courses & Studies, Selection Committee etc. of various public and private universities of Bangladesh.
• Moderator- Bangladesh Public Service Commission.
• Technical Chair, International Conference ICECTE, 8-10 December, 2016, RUET.
• Technical Program/Advisory Committee Member, Various International Conferences.
• Guest Teacher, Varendra University, Rajshahi.
• Organizing Chair, International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ICEEE) 2015.
• Organizing Secretary, International Conference on Electrical, Computer & Telecommunication Engineering (ICECTE) 2012.
• Invited Speaker and Chair of Technical Sessions of some international conferences in home and abroad.
• Examiner & Tutor, DCSA Program, Bangladesh Open University.
• Guest Teacher, Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology, Bangladesh.
|Professional Affiliation||Fellow- Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh
Senior Member- IEEE, USA
Young Affiliate- TWAS, Italy
Fellow- JASSO & JSPS, Japan
Ex Member- Optical Society of America
Ex Member- IEICE, Japan.
|Community Services||President, Teachers Association, RUET, 2018-2019
Advisor, Natore District Association, RUET
Ex. Council Member- IEB Rajshahi Center (Two Terms)
Ex.Secretary- Okinawa Islamic Cultural Center, Japan
Ex. Secretary, Teachers Club, RUET
Ex. Vice President, Natore District Association, RUET
|Scholarships & Grants||2015: Travel Grant for TWAS AGM and Conference 2015 @ Austria.
2014: Travel Grant for Young Scientist Conference @ JNCASR
2010: JSPS Research Grant, Japan
2009: IEEE Travel Grant (USD 2500.00)
2008: Marubun Research Grant, Japan
2007- 2010: Monbukagakusho Scholarship of Japan for PhD Course.
2007: Travel Grant from CLEO Pacific Rim 2007 @ Seoul, South Korea.
2007-2010: Research Assistant, University of the Ryukyus, Japan.
2005-2007: Monbukagakusho Scholarship of Japan for M.Eng. Course.
1994-1998: Rajshahi Education Board Scholarship.
|Administrative Experience||Chairman, UG Admission Committee 2017
Dean, Faculty of ECE, RUET
Ex. Head, EEE Department, RUET
Ex. Head, ETE Department, RUET
Ex. Deputy Director (Admin), Directorate of Students' Welfare, RUET.
Ex. Provost, Ladies Hall, RUET
Ex. Assistant Provost, Shahid Abdul Hamid Hall, RUET
|Countries Visited||Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, India, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and USA.|
|Contact||Room No. 225, Admin Building, RUET
Rajshahi 6204, Bangladesh.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
PABX: +88-0721-751320-1, Extn. 425 (Office), 426 (Res)