Professor , Dean of ECE
Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Joined: 24 June, 1999
Field of Research & Consultancy
|Awards & Recognitions||2016- My Ex M.Sc thesis student Mr. M. Imran Hasan got UGC Award for a paper with me.
2015- Two Papers (Coauthor with thesis students) got Best Paper Award from IEEE Co Sponsored International Conference ICEEE 2015.
2013- Senior Member of the IEEE, IEEE COMSOC, IEEE PS, USA
2013- TWAS Young Affiliate for 2013 - 2017 from Asia-Pacific.
2012- TWAS Young Scientist Award, TWAS, Trieste, Italy.
2011- Best Paper Award, FWOCNT Int'l conference, Herbin, China.
2010- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Bangladesh.
2010- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Award, Japan.
2010- President's Honorary Award, University of the Ryukyus, Japan
2009- IEEE GSF Award, IEEE, USA
2009- Marubun Research Promotion Award, Marubun Foundation, Japan
2008- Excellent Student Award, IEEE Fukuoka Section, Japan
2008- Zukeran Award, University of the Ryukyus, Japan
2007- President's Honorary Award, University of the Ryukyus, Japan
2000- Gold Medal Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1998- The EEE Association Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1997- The EEE Association Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1996- Zoynal Memmorial Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1996- The EEE Association Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
1995- The EEE Association Award, Bangladesh Institute of Technology (B I T), Rajshahi
• IEEE Journals- 06
• OSA Journals- 05
• IET Journals- 01
• SPIE Journals- 05
• Springer-Verlag- 12
• Elsevier Journals- 20
• Taylor & Francis Journals- 02
• IEICE Journals- 04
• Applied Physics Society of Japan’s Journal- 04
• IEEJ Journals- 03
• Other Journals > 20
• Conference Papers-
|PG Thesis Supervision||PhD Thesis Supervised:
• 2015- Boshir Ahmed (1104201003) – Image Reconstruction on the Basis of Classified Data Information for the Sequential Transmission of Satellite Images.
• 2016 – Md. Shahidul Islam (1104201001) – Nanostructure Zinc-Oxide Photo-anode for Photo-electrochemical Water Splitting Application. (Co-supervisor)
M.Sc. Eng. Thesis Supervised:
• 2012 – Jannatul Ferdous (0904101011) – Two Way Mobile Authentication System.
• 2012 – Md. Selim Habib (0904101015) – Modeling and Characterization of Photonic Crystal Fibers for Dispersion Managed Application.
• 2012 – Md. Samiul Habib (0904101016) – Design of Large Mode Area Photonic Crystal Fibers for High Speed Optical Transmission Media.
• 2013 – Abdulla Al Suman (1004101003) – Linear Precoder Design and Simulation for MIMO System.
• 2013 – Md. Monjure Mawla (1004101005) – Peak to Average Power Ratio Reduction Analysis & simulation in LTE System.
• 2014 – Md. Imran Hasan (1104101030) – Highly Birefringent Photonic Crystal Fiber: Dispersion and Nonlinear Properties.
• 2014 – G. K. M. Hasanuzzaman (1104101024) – Design and Characterization of Porous-Core Photonic Crystal Fiber for Terahertz Wave Guiding .
• 2015 – Monir Morshed (1204101007) – Enhancement of the Sensitivity of Gas Sensor based on Microstructure Optical Fiber .
PhD and M.Sc.Eng Thesis Examined
• PhD Thesis: 02
• M.Sc.Engg. Thesis: RUET-18, KUET-04
• Advisor, IEEE RUET Student Branch, IEEE RUET WIE & IEEE ComSoc Bangladesh Chapter.
• Editor and/or Reviewer of peer reviewed journals (IEEE, IET, OSA, Elsevier, T&F) covering Optics and Photonics.
• Member of Statutory Committees e.g. Examination Committees, Committee of Courses & Studies, Selection Committee etc. of various public and private universities of Bangladesh.
• Moderator- Bangladesh Public Service Commission.
• Technical Chair, International Conference ICECTE, 8-10 December, 2016, RUET.
• Technical Program/Advisory Committee Member, Various International Conferences.
• Guest Teacher, Varendra University, Rajshahi.
• Organizing Chair, International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ICEEE) 2015.
• Organizing Secretary, International Conference on Electrical, Computer & Telecommunication Engineering (ICECTE) 2012.
• Invited Speaker and Chair of Technical Sessions of some international conferences in home and abroad.
• Examiner & Tutor, DCSA Program, Bangladesh Open University.
• Guest Teacher, Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology, Bangladesh.
|Professional Affiliation||Fellow- Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh
Senior Member- IEEE, USA
Young Affiliate- TWAS, Italy
Fellow- JASSO & JSPS, Japan
Ex Member- Optical Society of America
Ex Member- IEICE, Japan.
|Community Services||Advisor, Natore District Association, RUET
Ex. Council Member- IEB Rajshahi Center (Two Terms)
Ex.Secretary- Okinawa Islamic Cultural Center, Japan
Ex. Secretary, Teachers Club, RUET
Ex. Vice President, Natore District Association, RUET
|Scholarships & Grants||2015: Travel Grant for TWAS AGM and Conference 2015 @ Austria.
2014: Travel Grant for Young Scientist Conference @ JNCASR
2010: JSPS Research Grant, Japan
2009: IEEE Travel Grant (USD 2500.00)
2008: Marubun Research Grant, Japan
2007- 2010: Monbukagakusho Scholarship of Japan for PhD Course.
2007: Travel Grant from CLEO Pacific Rim 2007 @ Seoul, South Korea.
2007-2010: Research Assistant, University of the Ryukyus, Japan.
2005-2007: Monbukagakusho Scholarship of Japan for M.Eng. Course.
1994-1998: Rajshahi Education Board Scholarship.
|Administrative Experience||Ex. Head, EEE Department, RUET
Ex. Head, ETE Department, RUET
Ex. Deputy Director (Admin), Directorate of Students' Welfare, RUET.
Ex. Provost, Ladies Hall, RUET
Ex. Assistant Provost, Shahid Abdul Hamid Hall, RUET
|Countries Visited||Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, India, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and USA.|
|Contact||Room No. 225, Admin Building, RUET
Rajshahi 6204, Bangladesh.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
PABX: +88-0721-751320-1, Extn. 425 (Office), 426 (Res)