Professor , Head of EEE
Head, Dept. of EEE
Director (Research and Extension), RUET
Syndicate Member, RUET
Member Secretary, CASR, RUET
Senior Member, IEEE; Member, JSAP;
Fellow, IEB; Fellow, JSPS;
Fellow, JASSO; Member, REOSA
Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Joined: 10 October, 2001
JSPS Postdoctoral fellowship - Awarded by Japan Society Promotion of Science (JSPS) from 28 Nov 2016 to 27 Nov 2018.
|Research interests||* Fabrication of Nanostructured Metal-oxide p-type or n-type materials.
* Assembling Perovskite and Dye-sensitized Solar Cells with Low-Cost materials.
* Water and Air purification by using Nanotechnology.
* Hydrogen generation (Water Splitting) using Photoelectrochemical Cell.
* Fuzzy Based Automatic Generation Control in Electrical Power System.
|List of Publications||* Journal -54
* International Conference/Symposium - 86
* National conference (NC) - 4
For the list of Publication, Please visit the following websites:
|Education||* Doctor of Engineering in EEE, University of Toyama, Japan, March 2011
* Master of Engineering in EEE, University of Toyama, Japan, March 2008
* M.Sc. Engineering in EEE, RUET, Bangladesh, 2005
* B.Sc. Engineering in EEE, RUET, Bangladesh, 2001
* HSC in Science, Kaunia College, Rangpur, Bangladesh, 1994
* SSC in Science, Kaunia M.H. High Shcool, Rangpur, Bangladesh, 1992
|My Dissertations||* Doctor of Engineering - Study of dye-sensitized solar cells fabricated with nanostructured materials.
* Masters of Engineering - Study of Sputter-deposited TiO2 Photoelectrodes for the Fabrication of DSSCs.
* M.Sc. Engineering - Fuzzy Based Controllers of Automatic Generation Control (AGC) in Electrical Power System.
* B.Sc. Engineering - Improvement of Power System Stability by using Battery Energy Storage Unit.
|Awards/Recognitions||* 2015: Best Paper Award: 1st ICEEE, 4-6 Nov. 2015, Dept. of EEE, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2014: BAS-TWAS Young Scientists Award. The World Acad. of Sci. (TWAS); Bangladesh Acad. of Sci. (BAS).
* 2012: Best Poster Award, ICGCSD, 2012, JSTU, Jessore, Bangladesh.
* 2011: Dean Honorary Award, D. Engineering, University of Toyama, Japan.
* 2010: Marubun Research Promotion Award, Marubun Foundation, Japan.
* 2008: President Honorary Award, M. Engineering, University of Toyama, Japan.
|Fellowships/Scholarships||* 2016-2018: JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Toyama, Japan.
* 2008-2011: Monbukagakusho Scholarship for Doctoral Program, University of Toyama, Japan.
* 2005-2007: Monbukagakusho Scholarship for Masters Program, University of Toyama, Japan.
* 1994-1998: Bangladesh Institute of Technology, Rajshahi (BITR) Educational Scholarship, Bangladesh.
|Ph.D. /M.Sc. Thesis Supervision||I have supervised lots of Ph.D./M.Sc. Thesis Students. Here some listed below:
* Ph.D. Thesis Supervised
i. 2016- Nanostructured Metal-oxide for photoelectrochemical water splitting applications
----------- by Md. Shahidul Islam (104201001).
* M.Sc. Engineering Thesis Supervised
vii. 2016 - Fabrication of TiO2 Nanotubes for Photodegrading of Azo Dye in Textile Waste Water
----------- by Mohammad Mostafizur Rahman Biswas (ID: 0804101007).
vi. 2016 - Performance Analysis of Perovskite sensitized Solar Cell
----------- by Najmin Ara Sultana (1004101015)
v. 2016 - Simulation and Observation of Silicon-based Homojunction P-I-N, and Heterojunction Solar Cells
----------- by Md. Feroz Ali (1304101002)
iv. 2014- Fabrication and Optimization of ZnO thin films prepared by Homemade Spin Coating Method
----------- by Mohua Farduosi (ID: 1004101023)
iii. 2012 - Fabrication of TiO2 Nanotube Arrays by Optimizing Anode oxidation method
----------- by Rakesh Swarup Mandal (ID:1004101020)
ii. 2012 - Development of Uncovered Hydrothermal Method for ZnO Thin Film on Seedless Glass Substrate
----------- by Md. Rezwanul Haque (ID:1004101012)
i. 2011 - Modified Hill Climb Searching Technique for Fast and Speed-Sensorless Maximum Power Point Tracking in Wind Energy Conversion Systems
----------- by Farzia Karim (ID:094101022)
|Other Professional Activities||* 2019-2021: PGAC Member, KUET, Bangladesh.
* 2018-Present: Syndicate Member, RUET, Bangladesh
* 2018-Present: Member Secretary, CASR, RUET, Bangladesh
* 2018-Present: Chairman, Research Evaluation Committee (REC), RUET, Bangladesh
* 2018-Present: Director, Research and Extension, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2016-2018: JSPS Fellow, University of Toyama, Japan.
* 2011-2016: Course coordinator, B.Sc. Engineering, Dept. of EEE, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2011-2014: Course advisor, Post Graduate (Ph.D./M.Sc.) Program, Dept. of EEE, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2011-2016: Course Advisor, different Semesters, B.Sc. Engineering, Dept. of EEE, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2011-2013: Assistant Provost, Lt. Selim Hall, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2011-2013: Guest Teacher and Examiner, DCSA Program, Bangladesh Open University.
* 2008- 2011: Research Assistant, Faculty of Engineering, University of Toyama, Japan.
* 2005-2008: Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Engineering, University of Toyama, Japan.
* 2003-2005: Examiner, DCSA Program, Bangladesh Open University.
* 2003-2005: Guest Teacher, Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology, Bangladesh.
|Project Director||* 2010-2011: Nanostructured ZnO photoelectrodes for the fabrication of dye-sensitized solar cells.
* 2011-2012: Preparation of nanostructured semiconducting materials (TiO2, ZnO, WO3, and CdS) films by home-made spray pyrolysis system.
|Chair / Secretary of Conferences/ Symposiums||* 2016: Organizing Secretary, 2nd ICECTE, 8-10 Dec 2016, Faculty of ECE, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2015: Organizing Secretary, 1st ICEEE, 4-6 Nov 2015, Dept. of EEE, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2015: Session Chair, 1st ICEEE, 4-6 Nov 2015, Dept. of EEE, RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2015: Chairman, Roborun competition, IEEE RUET Student Branch, Bangladesh
* 2015: Judge: Roborun competition & Idea Contest Program, IEEE RUET Student Branch or Robotic Society, Bangladesh.
* 2014: Organizing Secretary, National Conference on Photonics and Nano Technology (NCPNT), RUET, Bangladesh.
* 2013: Session Chair, 1st EICT, KUET, 13-15 Feb. 2013, Bangladesh.
* Technical Chair, 1st ICECTE, 28-29 Dec. 2012, Faculty of ECE, RUET, Bangladesh.
|Editorial Board Members/Reviewers||* Advanced Materials
* IEEE Transaction on Electron Device
* IEEE Transaction on Nanotechnology
* Materials Chemistry and Physics
* Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers
* International Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy
* Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
|Professional Affiliation||* Senior Member- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, USA.
* Member- Japan Society of Applied Physics (JSAP).
* Fellow - Japan Society Promotion of Science (JSPS).
* Fellow - Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO).
* Fellow - The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB).
* Member - Rajshahi Engineering Old Student Association (REOSA).
|Visited Countries||United State of America, Singapore, Japan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and China.|
|Contacts||* In Japan
Dept. of EEE, Graduate Schoo of Science and Engineering for Research, University of Toyama,
3190 Gofuku, Toyama 930-8555, Toyama, Japan
Tel. : +81-76-445-6730
Dept. of EEE, RUET, Rajshahi.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com