- PhD, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- MSc Engg. Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- BSc Engg. RUET, Bangladesh
- Employment Records:
Associate Professor- from 2013 to Present, CE, RUET Assistant Professor- from 2005 to 2012, CE, RUET Lecturer- from 1998 to 2004, CE, RUET Lecturer (Part-Time)- from 1997 to 1998, CE, RUET
- Other positions help:
Present: Member of Purchase Committee, RUET
- Research Interest:
- FRP strengthening stainless steel and aluminium structures
- Profiled steel sheet
- Cold-formed steel structures
- Testing and design of steel structures
- Thin-walled structures
- Structural stability
- Stainless steel structures
- Aluminium structures
Field : Structural Engineering
Undergraduate CE 213: Mechanics of Materials II CE 311 Structural Analysis & Design I CE 102: Practical Surveying CE 214: Mechanics of Materials Sessional-II CE 312: Structural Analysis and Design Sessional I CE 414: Structural Analysis and Design Sessional IV CE 400: Project and Thesis Post-graduate CE 6113: Advanced Theory and Design of Steel Structures CE 6000: Project and Thesis
- Service to the University:
- Teaching and research on experimental and numerical topic on Civil and Structural Engineering Field.
- To teach the undergraduate and Masters of engineering students (Civil Engineering) and research
- Confirm various construction materials qualities through field test and lab test.
- Involve design and consulting works in Department of Civil Engineering.
- Publication: http://zahurul90.hpage.co.in/publications.html
- Awards and achievements:
The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China. 2008-2011 Research Assistantship for PhD Study at The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China.
2003-2005, Research Assistantship for M Sc Engineering Study at Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia.
1992-2005, Rajshahi Board Scholarship for outstanding academic results in HSS.
- Professional Member: The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh, Fellow F /10156
- Other position held:
Reviewer of Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, David Publishing Company, NY, USA.